(RepublicanInformer.com)- A 24-year-old Honduran national entered the country illegally over the summer posing as a 17-year-old unaccompanied minor. He was transferred by federal authorities to Florida where he murdered a 46-year-old father of four. And Governor Ron DeSantis is ready to go to battle with the Biden Administration for causing this completely avoidable murder.
Yery Noel Medina Ulloa told ICE officials at the Texas border that he was 17-year-old Reynel Alexander Hernandez. By posing as an unaccompanied minor, and because ICE officers didn’t bother vetting him to confirm his identity, Ulloa was not subject to deportation. Instead, Ulloa was given a “Notice to Appear” and transported to Florida on one of the many late-night flights the federal government arranged to send illegal aliens into the US interior.
Ulloa was so thrilled with the success of his scheme, he even called his mother to share the good news. According to Univision who interviewed Ulloa’s mother, the phony unaccompanied minor told his mother how he managed to hoodwink US officials by pretending to be someone else.
Ulloa was then placed with Jacksonville resident Francisco Javier Cuellar, 46, who opened his home to the man because he thought the man was a teenager. Cuellar also gave Ulloa a job in his family business, the La Raza Mexican Store.
And in return, Ulloa beat Cuellar with a chair then stabbed him to death.
He was arrested on October 7, and because they thought Ulloa was a 17-year-old named Reynel Alexander Hernandez, authorities placed him in juvenile detention. A week later, local police finally did the work ICE failed to do and discovered Ulloa’s real identity and age.
At a press event last week, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis laid the blame for Cuellar’s death on the Biden administration.
Saying that Ulloa should never have been permitted in the country at all, DeSantis blasted the administration for sending illegals into Florida on late-night flights into Jacksonville. The governor said that Florida received no advance notice from the federal government on its intent to send seventy flights of illegals into the state. DeSantis tried to get answers from Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, but thus far Mayorkas hasn’t responded.
Governor DeSantis said that his office was looking into what possible legal options they have available to them, adding that he is asking the Florida legislature “to see what can we do to make sure they can’t just do this with impunity.”
In the meantime, DeSantis said he would consider further executive action to protect Florida citizens from Biden’s reckless immigration policies.